Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

FROM MY HEART TO HIS


I could not keep a dry eye. (Thanks, Terry Rush, for sparking my thoughts this morning in worship.) This heart story is at once tragic and thrilling. Tragic because of the fatal loss that made this heart gift possible, thrilling because of the blessed gain that was realized through the tragedy: a dying one was saved. 

It reminds me of the pitiful shape of my own stone-cold "spiritual" heart; the incredible gift of a thriving replacement; the terrible death that made that eternal dream come true.

Ezekiel 36:
24-28 "'For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God! (The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
Thanks to God I have a new heart - His very own heart - and with that a certain hope for long life with Him. And if you are unsure about that, then just take my stethoscope and place them in your ears. Listen carefully. You hear? It is the gentle, sturdy beat of His life-giving presence.
Thank you...
I'm sorry for you...
Thank you more.

--S.a.t.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment